These new features have more detail to flag reviews compared to the old method
All companies using Google My Business and concerned with inappropriate reviews have a new feature to combat bad reviews.
So what is new?
After you login to your Google My Business account – go to REVIEWS (see below)
Choose the review you would like to FLAG
FLAG AS INAPPROPRIATE (SEE BELOW)
HERE ARE YOUR CHOICES
- Off topic: Review doesn’t pertain to an experience at or with this business
- Spam: Review is from a bot, a fake account, or contains ads and promotions
- Conflict of interest: Review is from someone affiliated with the business or a competitor’s business
- Profanity: Review contains swear words, has sexually explicit language, or details graphic violence or other illegal activity
- Bullying or harassment: Review personally attacks a specific individual
- Discrimination or hate speech: Review has harmful language about an individual or group based on identity
- Personal information: Contains personal information such as address or phone number
A new confirmation. Google also shows the business owner a new confirmation screen after they submit the review flag. Here is what it looks like:
WHY THIS IS EXCITING. These new features give the business owner the ability to fight these inappropriate revews PLUS it will help Google expedite the removal of these reviews.
If you have any questions or want to set up a free consultation, set up an appointment at calendly.com/allen-levin